How do healthy buildings impact our health with Jack Noonan VP at International WELL Building Institute
Have you ever thought about how the physical environment can impact your health?
Our guest, Jack Noonan is a building and environmental scientist who works as the Vice President, Australia and New Zealand, at the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI). IWBI is a public benefit organisation whose mission is to improve human health and well-being in buildings and communities through the WELL Building Standard. Jack’s role involves leading the IWBI support and operations in the region.
In this fascinating discussion, Jack and Tom discuss sustainability, human health and the factors in the physical environment that can make us really healthy. In this episode, listen out for:
- Jack’s career pathway from trained geneticists to buildings and environmental science
- A great explanation of what is the latest research from IWBI
- The WELL building standard successes globally
- The key features of the WELL standards
- Why the WELL building standard is 100% inclusive
- How design can impact human health
- The future of work predictions from a design and WELL building standard perspective
This was a fascinating episode with really tangible tips that can be applied today. To connect with Jack Noonan or to review the latest from the WELL Building Standard, Health-Safety Rating
Well Workplaces is a movement by Pinnacle Health Group. Our vision is for a world where workplaces lead and create healthier communities. Well Workplaces podcast has been designed to create genuine wellbeing conversations in the workplace and share expert knowledge in practical ways.