by Edwina McDonald
So you’ve managed to drop a few kilograms – well done!
You may be finding now however the weight loss has stabilised. Below are 10 tips to help you beat the weight loss plateau and reach your ideal healthy body weight!
10 Tips to Help You Beat the Weight Loss Plateau
- Eat regularly; skipping meals can results in a loss of recognising hunger/ satiety cues and usually results in overeating in another meal.
- Drink water; we often mistaken thirst for hunger. Drinking water can take the edge off your hunger and can reduce overall food volume consumed.
- Consume protein with each meal; protein is what fills us up. Think milk, yoghurt, nuts, eggs, fish, meat.
- Eat for hunger; listen to your body, if you eat for hunger you will be much more in tune with your metabolic requirements.
- Portion control; overeating anything will put on weight.
- Record your intake; keep yourself accountable, focus on your nutrient intake and eating regularity.
- Don’t overestimate the calories your burn with exercise; your body adapts to a stimulus, you get fitter and your body gets more efficient at burning fuel.
- Mix up your exercise routine; doing the same thing yields the same result. Challenge your body in different ways to avoid adaptation.
- Practice mindful eating; be aware of what’s going in your mouth, don’t eat while you are doing something. Savour and enjoy your food while eating.
- Liquid calories count; alcohol, iced tea, juices, still contain calories.